I am Jess Bachman. You can find out a lot about me from google.
There are three main themes to my life.
A self-taught multidisciplinary designer, I learn by doing. Like many designers I started with gig posters. Then I branched out into infographics and quickly became the most successful creator of viral infographics. I’ve worked with tons of freelance clients and also helped Mint.com attract millions of users. Of the top 10 most popular posts at Mint, I created 9 of them. I’ve topped digg over 50 times average 1,000 diggs a piece and been featured in every major online publication. I also enjoy long walks with web design, UI/UX, and just about anything else that can be improved with design.
I have always had a passion to create, for creations sake. I started a business selling posters, then went on the Martha Stewart Show, sold thousands, and was published by Seth Godin. I also designed and run MajorCommand, a strategic online strategy game. I love all things marketing especially the intersection with design. I am the creative director at Visual.ly
I’m 32 and have a bustling family with my wife Eva. Forest is 5, Fable is 3, and Gavin is 14 (uhg). It keeps me hopping for sure. How do I get everything done with such a busy family life? Don’t sleep of course!
- I’ve wrestled John Cena several times
- I enjoy shooting arrows.
- Never took a class or read a book about design
- Brother and father are veterans
- Was a best selling author for two days
- Have a hard time getting addicted to anything
- Acted with John Krasinksi and B.J. Novak
- Was a DJ/Turntablist and had a radio show
- Have lived in MA,TX,ME, VT, LA, and DC
- Had sushi and ice cream with Ben Cohen
- Was bailed out of jail by a Walt Disney VP
- Intern at a fake VC firm
- Never had a good haircut
- Always wears a hat
It’s best to email me. You should be able to guess at my email. I am also on Twitter.